Track Your Progress

When I began my fitness journey, I found that one thing that kept me the most motivated was watching my own progress.

Whether it be on a calendar, photographs, or a notebook, it's important to track your progress so you can see the changes you're making in your life.

Start simple, a food diary can be a great way to recognize all of the bad you're putting into your body and inspire change. It's easy: find an empty notebook and simply write down what you eat and drink in a day. Once you start tracking this, you can see how much you're eating unnecessarily and make the necessary changes.

When it comes to your workouts, it can also be helpful to track what you're doing when you workout. I started logging what workouts I did on a particular day and began challenging myself to go even harder the next. Fitness apps, such as 'Workout for Women,' often have built-in calendars that will track your progress without you having to lift a finger. When you begin realizing what your body is capable of, you'll be unstoppable!

And finally, photographs. When starting on your fitness journey, it's likely you won't necessarily like what you see in the mirror. In my case, I had lost my self-confidence and I was determined to get it back. To this day, the thing that motivates me the most to continue living a healthy lifestyle is looking back to old photos and realizing how far I've come.

Comments